To be eligible for kindergarten, your child must be five years of age on or before the first day of September. A certified birth certificate (not a copy or card) issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics, immunization record, and a certificate stating the child has received vision screening must be presented at registration. A proof of address of the parents is required for registration.
State law does not allow students to attend class without complete immunizations. The Utah Department of Health Exemption Form must be completed for those children who claim exemptions for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
The following is a list of immunizations required to enter school:
- DTP/ DTaP/ DT (D=Diptheria, T=Tetanus, P=Percussis, Ap=acllular Pertussis
Four doses if the 4th dose was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- 4 Polio (OPV or IPV)
3 doses if the 3rd dose was given on or after the 4th birthday.
**Some exceptions may apply, see family physician.
- 2 MMRs (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
If the first MMR is given before the first birthday, it does not count.
- 3 Hepatitis B (The minimum interval between doses one and three is four months.)
- 1 Varicella (chickenpox)-history of chickenpox is acceptable.
Must have signed verification statement on school immunization record.
- 2 Hepatitis A (The interval between doses is usually 6 months.)