Majestic Elementary School is located at 7430 South 1700 West in the city of West Jordan, Utah about 15 miles south of Salt Lake City. The school is located in a suburban community of homes, some apartment complexes and commercial businesses. Majestic patrons are traditionally supportive and anxious to be involved in their children's education.
Majestic Elementary is one of the several elementary schools located in West Jordan. The Majestic faculty is committed to helping students meet their educational potential. The school’s mission statement is “Every Minute Matters.” Majestic’s goal is to educate all students to high levels of academic performance and to teach each one to be polite, responsible, independent, disciplined, and empowered (P.R.I.D.E.).
- Majestic Elementary, which opened in 1975, serves 300 students from kindergarten through sixth grade. Majestic provides full day kindergarten and houses two special needs preschool classes; to register call: Kaurie Sue 801:567-8500. There is a head start preschool on the property, but this is not a Jordan School District preschool.
- School is in session 180 days a year and on a traditional nine-month calendar. The school day begins at 8:40 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. except on Fridays when students are dismissed at 1:40 p.m. to allow teachers time for planning.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 23 in kindergarten, 1 to 23 in first grade through third grade and 1 to 26 in fourth through sixth grades. Actual class sizes vary.
- All teachers are highly qualified and hold state teaching certificates. Several have master's degrees and many have other important endorsements, such as, ESL, Gifted and Talented, Reading and Math.
- Majestic serves many students with ethnic heritage: Native American, Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander and African American. These students make up approximately 65% of our student population.
- Majestic is committed to providing learning opportunities to students of all ability levels. In fourth, fifth, and sixth grades we have a Dual Language program in Spanish.
- In all grades, math is taught for 90 minutes and uses a “hands-on” approach. Language Arts consists of 2½ to 3 hour block.
- Teachers meet once a week for three hours during collaboration and planning time to discuss and analyze data to meet the needs of all students.
- During the teachers collaboration and planning (CAP) time, students go to rotations. Rotations consist of P.E., Library, Computers and STEM (upper grades). Students attend rotation classes for 45 minutes each.
- Special programs that are available to qualifying students include Resource, Guidance, Speech and Gifted/Talented.
- The school has an excellent breakfast and lunch program. The student price is $1.75 per lunch and 80 cents for breakfast. Free and reduced price lunches and breakfasts are available to qualifying students.
- Majestic is a walking school.
- School visitors are always welcome at Majestic. Visitors must check in at the office as they arrive.
- Majestic has an active PTA and School Community Council and other volunteers who provide hours of valuable service to the school each year.
- Each year our teachers attend hours of in-service to upgrade and enhance instructional skills.
- Several of our teachers have been recognized for outstanding classroom instruction.